what it is:
This therapy is the foundation of Keratin Complex Â the original, in-salon service that infuses natural keratin deep into hairÂs cuticle.
what it does:
This revolutionary therapy reduces frizz and curl and instantly adds amazing shine, silkiness and condition to the hair.
What else you need to know:
With Keratin Complex Smoothing Therapy, Keratin Complex now guarantees shiny, silky, healthy hair to clients around the world.
- Shake treatment bottle well. Pour 2 ounces (for shoulder length hair) to 3 ounces or more (for longer hair) of treatment into a bowl. Allow product to aerate for 10 to 15 minutes as client's hair is shampooed with Keratin Complex Clarifyiing Shampoo.
- Shampoo hair with Clarifying Shampoo to open the cutile in preparation for treatment. Shampoo twice for bleached blonde, double-processed, chemically processed or 70% or more highlightend hair. Shampoo twice for normal single-processe color and 50% or less highlightened hair. Shampoo 3 times for virgin, coarse, resistant or gray hair.
- Blow dry hair until 100% dry.
- Wear gloves during application. Section hair into 6 parts. Starting at the nape of the neck, part hair into 1/2 half inch sections, using a tint brush to apply solution 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch from the scalp to the ends. Comb away from the face using a fine tooth comb to ensure even solution distributaion. When treatment is applied to entire hair, cover hair with a plastic cap and allow solution to absorv for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove cap and use a fine tooth comb to remove excess solution onto a towel.
- Blow dry hair (using a dryer diffuser) one section at a time on cool setting. Dry hair 80% using fingers, then finish with a vent brush. Hair must be dry 100% before flat ironing.
- Divide hair into 6 even section.
- Using a flat iron, set at 450* degree, began flat ironing 1/8 inch sections, starting at the nape of the neck. Note: it is very important to keep flat iron at constant motion to avoid heat damage or lines in the hair.
- Do not shampoo hair for 72 hours. Avoid getting hair wet for these hours. Do not use clips, pins, ponytails holders or sunglasses to hold or pull back the hair back. After 72 hours, the hair should be wash with Keratin Complex Keratin Care, Color Care or Blondeshell shampoo and conditioner. Client should continue to use products to remain the best result.