What it is:
One 'n Only Thermal Ionic Permanent Hair Straightener is a permanent, thermal reconditioning, ionic straightening system. One 'n Only Thermal Ionic Permanent Straightener is also known as the "Japanease Hair Straightening" or "Thermal Reconditioning" system because of Conair's revolutionary thermal ionic straightening formula. Thermal Ionic, in Conair One N Only formula, reconditions hair and restructures the cuticle so your hair lies flat and straight permanently, with a brilliant, silky, shine!
What it does:
The hair remains permanently straight until it is cut off or permed. However, the new growth will be curly and a retouch straightening service will be required after 6Â8 months, depending on the rate of hair growth and the degree of curliness of the new growth.
What else you need to know:
Comes in 3 formulas:
I. The first step, after washing and conditioning the hair, is to treat the hair with Thermal Ionic Step 1 Lotion. This processing lotion softens the curl by relieving the internal stresses of the hair.
II. The second step thermally reconstructs the hair into the new straight configuration. This is accomplished by pressing the hair with a hot ceramic flat iron maintained at 170Â°Â230Â°C.
III. The third and final step is the treatment of the hair with the Step 2 Neutralizer. This step permanently locks the hair into a "pin-straight" configuration.
- If you or client has ever had an allergic reaction to a perm or other cosmetic product. Do not use Thermal Ionic.
- Check your or clients scalp. If sores, abrasions or other abnormal conditions are present, do not Thermal Ionic.
- Examine the condition of the hair, checking for breakage, discoloration, poor elasticity or texture. Always perform a strand test. If hair breaks or discolors after test strand is dried and combed, do not use Thermal Ionic.
- If Step 1 drips on to skin, gently remove and blot skin immediately with water-soaked cotton.
- Always wear protective gloves when using this product.
- Do not allow any of Step 1 or Step 2 to contact eyes. If contact occurs, flush thoroughly with cool water. Seek medical attention if irratation persist.
- Do not use Thermal Ionic and tint hair with Permanent hair color on the same day. Wait 7 to 10 days.
- Do not use on hair that has been previoulsy treated with henna, metallic salts or color restorers.
- Do not use Thermal Ionic on hair that has been previously straightened with relaxers containing lye (potassium, lithium,guanidins hydroxides, and sodium). Thermal Ionic can only be applied to the new growth, so it is best that a trained professional apply this product to your hair.
- Thermal Ionic can be used on permed hair.
- Natural hair color may change ( 2 shades lighter ) and color-treated hair may fade.
- Products must be used at room temperture.
- Do not shampoo hair for 48 hours after application of Thermal Ionic.
- Once product container has been opened, use within 24 - 48 hours, oxygen will cause the product's efficacy to slowly diminish.
- Processing time can range between 4 to 5 hours to complete.